Kin Kin Naturals Eco Dishwasher Powder
Non Toxic – for people & planet, including grey water and septic systems.
- plant (coconut) and mineral based
- palm oil free – to avoid causing deforestation
- free of toxic ingredients, phosphate and high alkalinity
- at least 95% less sodium than regular detergents
- Sodium (‘salt’) is damaging for both soil and plants, causing clogging of soil and the dehydration of plants. The majority of Sodium salt used in detergents is used as just a filler. The remainder can often be replaced – as we do – by Potassium-based alternatives which are actually beneficial for plants and soil.
- On average 18kg of sodium salt per year ends up in gardens or the wider Australian environment for every household using regular laundry powder. Using Kin Kin Naturals, the sodium slat loading is reduced to a safe level of only 100g per year.
- completely and readily biodegradable
- Kin Kin Naturals products and each of the ingredients individually exceed Australian standard AS4351
- this also means they do not use the petrochemical surfactant called ‘LAS’ (linear alkylbenzene sulphonate) which is poorly biodegradable under anaerobic (low oxygen) conditions that may occur in septic systems and soil.
Ingredients – coconut & sugar based nonionic surfactant (NO alcohol ethoxylate, LAS or SLS), sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), sodium citrate (citrus based water softener), sodium percarbonate (oxygen releasing soda), sodium carbonate (washing soda), sodium silicate (glass protection mineral), sodium gluconate (glucose derived anti spotting agent), enzymes, organic lemon myrtle essential oil, lime essential oil.
I’m committed to reducing the tox load from our home but really struggled to find a proper low tox dish washer powder. Even the home made ones weren’t any good for us. This dishwasher powder does a great job. I use white vinegar as my rinse aid and they work incredibly well together. Highly recommend