Moisturising DIY Hand Cream
This moisturising DIY hand cream is just the ticket with all the obsessive hand washing everyone is doing at the moment in the current situation that will remain nameless.
As with all our recipes, it is so easy to make with just a few ingredients. And if you do a bit of DIY-ing you most likely will already have them all in the cupboard. If not you can find them all in our online store.
And yep my brain is mush but I do know it is Apruly and not Christmas! With the kids at home and me trying to do everything I thought stuff it!…. I will just use the pictures that we already have rather than trying to do my head in even more getting something perfect. So that is why I have used the pictures from our Natural gifting ebook (which by the way you can still download for free!!)
If you love this recipe be sure to check out some of our other DIY Personal Care Recipes..
We also have some awesome DIY Cleaning Recipes to help you kick toxins to the kerb and save money!
- 60g organic unrefined shea butter
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) beeswax pastilles
- 25g extra virgin olive oil (any carrier oil will work but we love the softness olive oil gives to a cream)
- 20-30 drops essential oil (optional)
- Combine the shea butter, beeswax and carrier oil in an old jar and melt together by placing the jar in a pot of simmering water
- Remove from heat and wait a few minutes before adding your fragrance
- Combine well and transfer to a small jar
- Apply to dry hands as required, BUT a little goes a long way!!! If you don't use too much it leaves your hands soft and not oily
- Best results are achieved by using small amount often to help retain moisture
- TIP - Pop it in the fridge or freezer to cool faster which reduces the chance of the shea butter going grainy
- Essential oils are totally optional but can boost your creams healing power. Some great options that can they offer some additional benefits for dry, chapped and cracked skin include Palmarosa, cedarwood, roman chamomile, geranium, myrrh, rose if you are lucky enough to have some and of course trusty old lavender.
Join our Clean Living Movement
Latest From Instagram
🌱Clean Living Made Simple🌱
DIY Cleaning and Beauty Recipes
DIY supplies & Low tox products