Easy DIY Lip Balm Recipe
This recipe is for a basic lip balm that can be pimped up however you like by adding your favourite essential oils. This recipe may be simple but it is highly moisturising and feels lovely to use.
Feel comfortable knowing you are in control of what you are putting on your families lips. Or if your kids are like mine, you can relax because all the ingredients in the lip balm they are literally eating is safe! 😜
If You Love your DIY you might try some of our other popular simple DIY Body recipes
- 30g fractionated coconut oil (or other carrier oil)
- 30g shea butter
- 15g beeswax
- 20 drops essential oil (optional)
- small Pot
- clean dry jar
- empty lip balm containers
- Fill a small pot with around 10cm of water and bring to a gentle simmer
- Combine the beeswax, shea butter and fractionated coconut oil in a clean jar
- Place the jar in Pot of simmering water and melt contents completely
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the essential oils.
- Combine well and transfer to small lip balm pots or tubes.
- Placing the finished lip balm in the fridge speeds up the cooling process and reduces the chances of crystals forming, which would leave the lip balm feeling grainy. If this does happen it is still fine to use, the crystals will dissolve with body heat.
- Leaving the lids off, or only loosely fitted prevents the formation of a depression in the lip balm surface.