How To Make DIY Roll-On Deodorant
Many of our followers have been keen to get their hands on our DIY roll-on deodorant recipe. It’s finally here! Giving you another option and making it even easier for you to avoid the toxic chemicals in many commercial deodorants.
This roll-on deodorant recipe is super simple, like most of our DIY recipes and only take a few minutes to make. Just sodium bicarbonate, xanthan gum, essential oils and distilled water.
Why Make Your Own DIY Deodorant
Many supermarket deodorant brands contain a number of horrible chemicals you are better off keeping away from. These include synthetic fragrances, aluminium, parabens, triclosan, TEA, DEA and propylene glycol to name just a few. Plus most deodorants and antiperspirants meaning they are designed to stop you from sweating! This inhibits your body’s natural cleansing and detoxifying process. Our bodies were designed to sweat for a reason. Preventing this might lead to health implications later on. You can learn more about the chemicals in supermarket deodorants in another one of our blogs.
What kind of Deodorant do you Like to Use?
This DIY roll-on deodorant recipe is super convenient and a pleasure to use, but not everyone loves a roll-on deodorant. If that’s you, we have a number of other of DIY deodorant recipes you might like to check out
Natural DIY Deodorant Paste
2 Ingredient Natural Spray Deodorant
- 1 tsp organic sodium Bicarbonate
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerine (optional)
- 5-10 drops Essential oils ,
- Roll-On Deodorant Bottle (you can wash & reuse an empty one)
- Measuring spoons
- mixing bowl/jug
- add xanthan gum and glycerine (if using) to a bowl and mix to combine
- add sodium bicarbonate and water and stir well to dissolve
- add your chosen essential oils and combine
- transfer to roll-on deodorant bottle
- Glycerine is used to help wet the xanthan gum to assist with dissolving but is optional. Just allow more time for the xanthan gum to fully absorb water. If you're impatient like me, don't stress, still transfer to the roll-on bottle and shake vigorously every now and then. It will all dissolve eventually.
- The essential oils I like to use this for this recipe are 2 drops tea tree and 5 drops of lime, it is a lovely smell and tends to work well for me at keeping any BO smell away. But any essential oil with antibacterial properties will work well.
- If using a "hot" essential oil, start with only a few drops and add more if needed, if you add too much it might burn your pits (I did that and it's not nice)
Join our Clean Living Movement
Latest From Instagram
🌱Clean Living Made Simple🌱
Learn. Grow. Shop. Live Healthy
DIY Cleaning and Beauty Recipes & Products