Crunchy Herb & Garlic Croutons
I’m not sure if these herb & garlic croutons can even be classified as a recipe, they are so simple to prepare! But OMG they are super delicious and full of flavour. A perfect crunchy addition to your favourite salad.
Whilst these can be made with any bread we make these from the uneaten crusts from bread loaves that we save in the freezer until we have enough for a batch. Making these croutons a great way to help reduce food waste in your home, make the most of your food dollar.
I have stored in these croutons for a few weeks in an air tight container in the cupboards, but if you plan on doing this make sure they are super dry. You don’t want any moisture left on them or they will more than likely spoil quickly.
Crunch Herb & Garlic Croutons
What You Need
12 slices of bread (or crusts)
4 garlic cloves
bunch of herbs (I use rosemary, sage, basil, parsley & garlic chives, but anything goes)
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
What To do
- Chop the bread up into small pieces, whatever size you like your croutons.
- Whizz up the garlic, herbs and salt and pepper with some of the oil until finely chopped and well combined.
- Add more oil until the mix is loose enough to coat the bread
- pour the herb mix over the bread and mix well
- Spread out on a baking tray and bake and 120C for 30-45 minutes, turning regularly, until dry and crunchy. The time required will depend on the thickness and size of your croutons.
- When blending the herbs, garlic and oil I find anything works.
Thermi, stick blender or mini blender. EverytimeI make this recipe the quantity and types of herbs changes, but they always taste yummo
Join our Clean Living Movement
Latest From Instagram
🌱Clean Living Made Simple🌱
DIY Cleaning and Beauty Recipes
DIY supplies & Low tox products