Naked Olive Oil Salve
Olive oil salves or balms are great to have on hand to soothe skin ailments. This is a naked olive oil salve as there are no herbs or essential oils added, leaving you free to customise it to your needs. However, even in this naked state, this olive oil salve provides healing and moisturising properties without anything extra.
Many salve recipes include coconut oil, shea butter or cacao butter, but I like the simplicity of this naked olive oil salve recipe. Even more importantly Both Jane and I love the feel of this balm! It feels so luxurious and silky and leaves your skin lovely and soft.
You can pimp up this Olive oil salve to suit your needs. I find simplest way is to make a large batch and when you need a salve for a specific application just melt a small amount in a double boiler, and add essential oils
Customising Your Olive Oil Salve
Here are some of the ways you can customise this Naked olive oil salve
- Sleepy-time Balm – add lavender and roman chamomile essential oils
- Ouch Balm – add a blend of Lavender, Helichrysum, Tea-tree, Oregano, German Chamomile or Frankincense essential oils
- Dry Skin Balm – add a blend of Cedarwood, Palmarosa, Lavender, Geranium or Roman Chamomile
- Chest Rub Balm – Add your favourite blend of congestion-busting oils like Ravintsara, Wintergreen (not on kids), Oregano, Thieves, RC, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Rosemary or tea-tree
Naked Olive Oil Salve
What You Need
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp Beeswax Pastilles
What To Do
- Add all the ingredients into a slowly simmering double boiler (a jar inside a pot of water work great for this recipe)
- Slowly heat until all ingredients are melted
- Transfer to a storage container.
How To Use
- Apply to cuts, scrapes and bruises either as is or with added essential oils. Or just use as a moisturising balm, chest rub or for any other purpose you choose.
- Recipe makes 60ml of olive oil salve, simply multiply the
quamtitiesto make larger batches.
Products You Might Like….
Join our Clean Living Movement
Latest From Instagram
🌱Clean Living Made Simple🌱
DIY Cleaning and Beauty Recipes
DIY supplies & Low tox products