White Chocolate Lip Balm
White chocolate lip balm is a perfect way for all those chocolate lovers to keep their lips moisturised without the chemicals that can be found in
Why Avoid Store Bought Lip balms?
Many mainstream lip balms contain toxins that you really don’t want on your lips. Although by no means an exhaustive list, some of the toxic chemicals that are found in lip balms include:
- Petroleum/Petrolatum – petroleum jelly is an oil by-product that actually suffocates, rather than moisturise your lips and can contain carcinogenic chemicals (depending on the refining process used)
- Mineral Oil – Like petroleum jelly mineral oil suffocates your lips, is a petroleum byproduct and potentially contains carcinogens
- Parabens – are synthetic preservatives widely used in personal care products that are known endocrine disruptors. They also cause skin ailments like dermatitis, eczema and hives.
- Synthetic Fragrance or Flavour – When you see either of these on a label it can be read as “chemical shitstorm”. Unless a product specifically lists a natural ingredient, such as essential oil, you can assume they are artificial and best avoided. Artificial fragrances and flavours are linked to cancer, endocrine disruption and allergies. Most fragrances also contain phthalates, another toxic chemical you should steer clear of. (learn more)
Yay, I Love Chocolate!!
Sorry to say there is actually zero white chocolate in this recipe. The delicious chocolatey taste instead comes from raw cacao. Raw cacao butter can be found in many supermarkets these days so is really easy to find. If you get some for this recipe why not make your self some raw chocolate while you’re at it. This one by Quirky Cooking is the one I use and is delicious.
White Chocolate Lip Balm
10g Raw Cacao Butter
20g Oil (Such as coconut, apricot
What to do
- Combine all the ingredients in an old jar or similar and melt together using a double boiler.
- Once Completely melted pour into your chosen lip balm jars or tubes and allow to cool with the lid off.
- Once cool put the lids on and they are ready to use.
How many containers this recipe will fill depends on which ones you choose. We find that this recipe fill 3 of our 15ml lip balm jars.
Products You Might Like….
Join our Clean Living Movement
Latest From Instagram
🌱Clean Living Made Simple🌱
DIY Cleaning and Beauty Recipes
Zero waste & Sustainability Ideas
DIY supplies & Low tox products