8 Simple Rules for a Wholefood Home
Much of the food available in supermarkets today is no good for you!! They are filled with isle upon isle of packaged processed “edible food like substances”. Transitioning to a REAL FOOD or WHOLEFOOD home will have a profound impact on the amount of toxins you consume through your food and your health will benefit as a result.
“eat food, mostly plants, and not too much”
I would say that cleaning up your food is way harder than swapping out the toxic products in your home. Well it was for me at least….We are so used to certain foods and flavours and swapping to mostly plants can be hard work. The important thing to remember is no one is perfect….just make sure you get back to clean eating as soon as you can.
Much of what I have learned about food over my journey is summed up well by Micheal Pollan. There is so much info on real food on the net but this video explains Micheal Pollan’s simple, easy to follow mantra.
8 simple rules to create a whole food home
- DON’T eat anything your great grandparents wouldn’t recognise as food
- DON’T eat anything with ingredients you cannot pronounce
- DON’T eat anything that won’t eventually rot
- Avoid vegetable oils
- Stay out of the middle of the supermarket; shop around the perimeter of the store. Real food tends to be on the outer edge of the store.
- If it’s a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, don’t.
- Eat less meat and ensure it is better raised, pasture fed organic meat
- Eat like your great grandparents
If you are trying to remove toxins from your life, remember what you eat is just as, if not more important, than what you put on the outside of your body. Your body makes new cells from the food you eat, you are literally made up of what you eat! Blooming Mandala has a collection of easy wholefood recipes to get you started, and they taste great (if I do say so myself).
“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison”
– Ann Wigmore
Join our Clean Living Movement
Latest From Instagram
🌱Clean Living Made Simple🌱
DIY Cleaning and Beauty Recipes
Zero waste & Sustainability Ideas
DIY supplies & Low tox products